On January 5, 1937 the construction of St. Joseph's Catholic Church began and was concluded by the following 19th of March, when it was dedicated by Bishop Noel. The dedication service was full to capacity, including twenty-three priests. In 1957, St. Joseph's was granted the full status of Parish by the Bishop, and with that received a full time priest. Fr. Raymond Osdyke, a Franciscan, was assigned to be
St. Joseph's first priest as a true parish.
In the summer of 1977, the ground was broken to begin a larger church and hall building, which continued until completion at the end of 1979-80. Bishop McManus dedicated the new church on April 26, 1980, making the new home official.
Little changed over the years, but in June 2012 the parish ended its affliction with the Franciscan friars in Angola, becoming instead a parish of the diocese. Anyone who grew up at St. Joseph's or attended Mass there during the time of the affiliation would undoubtedly look on Angola as forever part of the family. 10 years later, in 2022, our bond to Angola returned with sharing our priests with St. Anthony of Padua in Angola and St. Paul's Chapel in Fremont.